Thursday, January 21, 2010

M is for Max


The relaxing feeling you get when you first sit in the saddle, the exhilaration of flying over jumps, the happiness when you try something new. This is how I feel when I ride my pony, Max. I have been riding since I was four and have always loved every minute of it, but when I ride Max I love every minute even more. When I'm riding him I feel like nothing can go wrong, like I'm on top of the world, but I'm getting ahead of myself now. Let me start from the beginning.



It all started when I was ten, I had had a pony called Ruby since I was eight. I knew that my parents had been looking into getting a new pony because I had outgrown Ruby. I remember hearing about an ad on the Internet about Max. I didn't really think much of it, but something about it must have caught my attention because two weeks later I heard about an ad for a different pony, one who had done it all - that was when I said "What about that Max pony." It was then that I found out that my parents had already gone and seen him. Which made me really mad, but I don't know why because looking back on it now they just didn't want me to be upset about Ruby. Even though I was mad I had to go and see him myself, because to be honest he sounded wonderful - and he was!!!!! He was everything I had ever dreamed of and more. We had to go see some other ponies because we couldn't just buy the first pony that we saw, but in the end we did!

The first few months we had him were great, I was doing things that I had never done before. Max gave me the confidence that I needed and I knew he would keep me safe. Then the winter came and I don't know why, but all that confidence that we had been building up vanished. Max spooked a lot and everytime he spooked. I fell off and everytime I fell more of my confidence went away. All the times I've fallen off, which to be honest, are more times than I want to admit, Max just stands there and stays beside me.

This last summer, I had my second show season with him and this year has definitely been better. Max has been like a different pony since the beggining of the summer. He may be fast and crazy at times, but that's just who he is and that's what makes every moment riding him so much fun.

Max isn't just a pony to ride, to me he is my best friend. I can tell him anything and know he won't tell anyone or judge me. Only a really strong bond can make that happen. I can't describe how strong our bond is in words and a picture is supposed to be worth 1000 words but not even a picture can describe it. Since I've had Max you can't say we haven't had our ups and downs, but I wouldn't change one minute of it.

Life Lesson: Life is full of ups and downs, but it's the downs that make the ups seem so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment