Saturday, January 9, 2010

L is for Lily

I pick the puppy up although she looks more like a black fluffy ball than a puppy. At that moment I knew that no matter how much trouble this black thing would be we would keep her. Ever since I was born there has been a dog in our house and when our Flat- Coated Retriever, Tess had puppies I couldn't have been more excited!!!!! During the first few weeks the puppies just crawled around a tiny bit except for one, Lily was the only ball of fluff who was constently moving and climbing over all the others. She just couldn't stay still. Then I think it was around week 4 when the screaming started. The vet thinks she had colic and that was the reason for screaming 24/7. Honestly Ttat dog spent more time in our arms (that was the only way to stop the noise) than with Tess. And it didn't stop there, she was just one of those dogs that would do absolutly anything for attention. Now she is almost 3 years old and is just the same - I guess somethings never change.

Whenever I see Lily I can't help but smile. It doesn't matter whether there is a blizzard or torrential rain when I come back from school Lily runs out to meet me and then walks to the house with me. If your feeling sad she will do absolutly everything she can to put a smile back on your face. Even if your not feeling sad you can garrenty that she will try to make you laugh. I think it was about a year ago when I found Lily with the T.V remote in between her paws changing chanels. I mean what kind of dog turns the T.V on and then tries to find a good chanel!!!!!! She has also tried to answer the phone before. I can tell you that the people who were calling were a little shocked. She really is a dog in a million who can be friends with anyone and can make you happy even when you are really sad. No matter how crazy she is she is the best dog in the world and I can't imagine what things would be like without her.

Life Lesson: Always have your glass half full NEVER half empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment