Tuesday, March 2, 2010

U is for the United Kingdom

The second we hit the tarmac I'm up. Seven hours in a stuffy plane over the Atlantic Ocean isn't always fun but it is definatly worth it, because in a few hours I will be in my grandma's house with all my family around me.

About once a year we go to England in the United Kingdom to visit all my family. I was born there and moved to Canada when I was two years old. I don't really remember living there and to me Canada will always be my home. However I really miss my family that are all living there and I am always really, really, really, excited to go back.

When most people think of England they automatically think of London. Well believe it or not but I have never actually been to London, well I've been to the airport there but I've never actually gone and seen the city. I know its crazy all those times I've been to England and I've never seen London!!!!

However to me there are more important places in England. The most important place is my grandma's house well old house. She moved in November and it was really sad because some of my earliest and best memories were in that house Its called Brooks Close because in the country in England all the houses have names not numbers its weird I know. That was the place where I got to see all my family together at the same time, and when I say all my family I mean great aunts and uncles and second cousins and normal cousins and I could go on forever but I have to stop somewhere! When I go there I don't just see my family though I see all the people who we knew when I lived there I see kids that I have been friends since I was born!

England means soooo much to me. It is a great place and you should all go there someday. I've heard people say that the reason that we love certain places is because of the people there. I think this is probably true I mean if all my friends and family lived in Kenya or somewhere like that I would probably love it as much as England.

Life Lesson: It is the people that make the places so wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this blog post rowena! I really liked your life lesson because it really made me think. If I were you I might add a few commas in a few places, because at the moment it is IMPOSSIBLE to read out loud!!! :) Otherwise, everything is great, and I really like this blog post.

    ReplyDelete